ASUS ROG Strix GL753VD 17.3″ GSYNC Gaming Laptop (NVIDIA GTX 1050 4GB Intel Core i77700HQ, 16GB DDR4, 1TB 7200RPM HDD, RGB Keyboard)
Available The Cheapest: Amazon.com
7th-generation Intel Core i7 quad-core processor and with a discrete NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 4GB graphics
17-Inch G-SYNC panel with wide 160-Degree viewing angles and Windows 10 pre-installed
1TB 7200RPM HDD for fast performance and large storage space
Aura RGB-backlit scissor-switch keys offering 2.5mm of travel distance for tactile keystrokes
802.11ac 2×2 WiFi, Bluetooth 4.0, USB Type-C Gen 2, Up to 5 hours battery life
ROG Strix GL753
- Strike the balance between gaming firepower and practical portability with the ROG Strix GL753 gaming laptop, featuring the latest 7th-generation Intel Core i7 processor and GTX 1050 graphics to give you powerful performance and flawless gaming visuals.
- ROG Strix GL753 has been newly redesigned for 2017 with a sleek and aggressive styling on the chassis and an ROG Aura Keyboard.
- ROG Strix GL753 comes with Windows 10 Home pre-installed and Microsoft DirectX 12 support.
Next-Generation Processor and Graphics
- ROG Strix GL753 is equipped with future-proofed features, including a 7th-Generation (Kaby Lake) Intel Core i7 processor and latest GTX 1050 graphics for stunning gaming performance and high frame rates.
- The GTX 1050’s superior performance and power efficiency over previous generation GPUs lets you play nearly all classic and modern games at 1080p at 60 FPS and beyond.
“Extraordinary Performance Gains The GL753’s GTX 1050 or GTX 1050Ti are a quantum leap in performance compared to previous generation GPUs. Compared to the GTX 960M, the GTX 1050 gains an incredible performance gain of 75%! This ensures that gamers will have a gaming system that’s capable of pushing the boundaries of gameplay while maintaining high frame rates.”
2×2 WiFi for Improved Stability and Bandwidth
ROG GL753 is equipped with Intel 2×2 802.11ac WiFi that supports all current WiFi standards with up to 6x faster performance than 802.11bgn WiFi. It employs 2 antennas that support 2 data streams with the 802.11ac band delivering speeds up to 867Mbps!
This ensures proper range and stability for reduced ping and improved connection quality for your online games. Prefer to play using an ethernet cable? GL753 also has an RJ45 LAN jack for that!
The reversible USB Type-C port gives you easier device connections and hyper-fast data transfer speeds. It also features 2x USB 3.0 ports, 1x USB 2.0 port, 1x RJ45 LAN port, and 1x HDMI port – all the connections you need for gaming peripherals and an external display.
The ROG Strix GL753 features a sleek new design featuring ROG Strix black and orange styling with a beautiful metallic finish. ROG-exclusive Cooling Overboost lets you adjust fan speeds, and features an intelligent thermal design for maximum cooling efficiency to give ROG Strix GL753 the stability required for intense gaming marathons.
Breathtaking Wideview Display
ROG Strix GL753 features a 15.6-inch Full HD IPS-like panel with wide 178° viewing angles. The panel ensures great contrast and color consistency, and there’s no color shift even when you’re viewing it from extreme positions.
It ensures superior clarity during gameplay with unbelievable color accuracy and deep and rich contrast. It has a matte finish too, so there’s no glare or reflections to distract you during gaming.
5 out of 5 starsGreat laptop for its price
By Eldaron April 2, 2017
Great laptop for its price. Buy it and you won’t regret.
Here’s what I like:
– HDD is actually fast. I was worried it would be slow and I would have to buy SSD for it, but frankly I am pleasantly surprised.
The standard Win10 is a piece of wank, but after tweaking it, disabling a bunch of unnecessary services and deleting apps/autoruns it runs like a chram. Takes only 6-8 seconds from a button push to a desktop.
– GPU performs very well. I can work in Adobe AE and Premiere easily the fan is cold. Played new DOOM on ultras + Vulkan, runs really smooth above 30FPS, fan blowing warm. Battlefield 1 same thing.
– Nice ASUS apps.
Here’s what I wasn’t happy about:
– After a month of using the laptop I found a dead pixel. Now, the native resolution is substantial and often I wouldn’t even notice the pixel, but sometimes I do. I have to mention that Amazon was totally cool about it, they offered me a lot of options to solve this problem. I appreciate that very much.
– Simple design and plastic casing.
Although I mentioned the things I didn’t like you have to remember this is an entry level gaming/performance laptop and for its price with 7 gen intel, 1050 GPU – it’s a fantastic machine. This is a first ASUS product I used and so far I’m keeping it.